1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PJTX100 - - - SOME HELP

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by wandgrudd, Mar 9, 2005.

1. wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Long Post

Hi All

Have just received projector back From Service center (went for Dust Problems) now don’t seem to be able to get the picture on the screen at right height.

Could some one tell me if the projected image moves up and down when you move the left and right adjustment wheel? And how much would you say it moves?

As I only seem to be able to get a picture on the screen at the right height when. A: the picture is too far to the right / B: the picture is too far to the left.

I am sure the lens adjuster for UP & DOWN dose not move as much as it did when I sent it off. And I can’t remember the LEFT & RIGHT having as much affect on the height of the picture as it seems to now (for every inch you move it to the left I would say it also moves about 4inch down at the same time, opposite for right I.E it goes up )

Its weird because when I got it from new I had it up and running in about 15 minuets and I just cant seem to get it right now, I have been at it all after noon and it still does not fill the screen to the right proportions as it did before.

I just don’t know if it’s me that is doing it wrong or it’s the projector that’s messed up.

Cant see what’s different its not like I have moved the screen/shelf, it looks to be in the same place on the shelf as it was when it came off, as you can see the marks the feet left (might be 2-5 mm out but that’s not going make that much difference is it?)

I phoned the service center mid afternoon after I had been trying to get it right for the last forty five minuets and at first said they would have another look at it but have since said that they did not touch the lens adjustment so they have now refused to look at it as it cant be there fault. But I am being to think that can’t be true as if they had not touched it would not need so much adjustment to get it working right. (And if that’s true did they not look to see if the dust was gone?)

I have also phoned the supplier of the projector and they are looking in to it for me, but I just wanted to ask you lot just to make sure I am not being a right idiot and making a fuss over nothing.

If yours does the same thing it must just be me that’s in the wrong (and I apologize for wasting you time if I am wrong) but just can’t remember how the adjustment reacted when I set it up in October (never need to touch the adjustment wheels since then)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    L to R shouldn't move the vertical position of the pic as you describe. The vert and horiz should have an independent effect so allowing a very quick adjustment, it sounds like you are being forced to second guess how much mutual effect one will have on the other. My guess is that when they put the case back on they've compromised the lens movement in some way...PJ

3. wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    thanks for that makes me feel that i am right.
    you are right every time i move it i have to 2nd guess what one movement will do to the other. which i am sure was not the same as before it went away for services.

looks like i will have to try and send it back/contact supplier [discount electrical] and see what they can come up with.

thanks Andrew.

4. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    wandgrudd - i have exactly the same experience with the service centre. Sent my tx100 back for dust/bad c-unif/lamp flicker and it came back only partially fixed but with the lens shift function all screwed up just like you describe !

what the hell are they doing?

the wheels are all crunchy and tight and the picture moves in a sort of non-linear diagonal motion.

Im not happy at all, especially as i was without the unit for nearly 3 weeks.

Pathetic really.

5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Agree. While articulating your displeasure at them, point them at this forum. Their name is rapidly becoming mud in terms of service!

...PJ

6. wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    well mine has gone back in for service again so we will see what happens this time. i was still told that they had not touched the lenses adjustment when they had it last time. But said they would have a look at it again after a bit of persuasion form discount electrical.

any way thanks for the help has put my mind at rest that its not me thats the problem.

Wandgrudd

7. moco

moco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wanted to add that in my TX100, there was always a small interaction between the vertical and horizontal lens shift, from its arrival. The whole mechanism is quite delicate.

8. wandgrudd

wandgrudd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    was with mine also but not to the extent that it has since it has come back from service.