1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PJLC5, is better than PJTX10?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dekoded, Jan 19, 2005.

1. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi all, can anyone tell me if the hitachi pjlc5 is any good and is it better than the pjxt10? I can't find any reviews of it anywhere.
    I was just about to order the pjxt10 and saw the pjlc5 £50 cheaper! is there a good reason for this?

If anyone else can recommend a good LCD pj for aprrox £700-£800 then that would be great :thumbsup:

ps I considered the epson tw10 but saw a 3 out of 5 star review which put me off.

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    A brand new Panny 700 went on ebay yesterday for £725...PJ

3. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    oh yeah, I need 0% finance if possible.

now considering sanyo z2, seen it for £847, very tempted!

4. chilly

chilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a first PJ, I can fully recommend the PJ-TX10, I would not entertain the PJ-LC5 as it runs a 4:3 panel and not a 16:9 panel like the 10, also the specs are lower in all areas, if the 5 was £200 cheaper then maybe but anything less is Just not worth it, I have no complaints with the PJ-TX10s performance in any area, it is a superb lcd projector

5. nickj24

nickj24
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just done a search as i bought the new argos book home & have seen these 2 projectors in there with a free screen,does ne1 no if u can play a xbox through them as i been thinkin of doing a cinema room in the loft 4 my kids if they could play the xbox through the pjtx10 this would be gr8.thanks in advance if ne1 can help or advise regards nickj.

6. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thats if he received his goods. I've been ripped off 3 times on Ebay, and have only bought 11 items. Thats 1 in 4 potential purchases :eek: ! Also I'm sure the after sales service would be none existent, and warranty!?!?

7. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I've bought 37 items and not had a problem with anything. Ebay has been discussed many times and some excellent advice given to minimise potential rip-offs. But there are no guarantees I suppose...PJ :)

8. Deansmark

Deansmark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are looking at the Sanyo lots of sites have the Z3 for 850 ish at the moment with a free extra lamp voucher.