1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PJ with Progressive Component Video?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mr Sparkle, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Mr Sparkle

Mr Sparkle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not sure if anyone out there can offer any advice with this query......

I'm running a Hitachi PJ-TX10 with a Toshiba SD330 DVD player via component video. The Tosh component video output is interlaced.

I'm considering upgrading the Tosh 330 to the newer Tosh SD340 which provides a progressive component video ouput.

The question is whether I am likely to determine any noticeable improvement in image quality using the progressive scan output source (340) as opposed to the current interlaced ouput (330)

The Hitachi TX10 obviously has a built in scaler/descaler which I believe de-interlaces any interlaced input to present the viewable image in pseudo 'progressive' format. Will a progressive scan video source make any improvements ?

Any thoughts ?

Mr Sparkle

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I initially ran S-video into the TX100 and it looked fine, but progressive scan component looks better (I purchased the Pioneer 575).
    Whether you will see much of a difference is tough to call, I don't think you will to be honest. Think you'll have to step up to DVI-D to see an improvement. I'd do this but I'm worried about the cable run (15m)
    ...PJ
    Ah, just read TX10 not 100, sorry :suicide:

3. Mr Sparkle

Mr Sparkle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unfortunately no DVI-D on the TX10. Would love a TX100 but took the plunge with the TX10 14 months ago. Need to use it for a few more months (years ?!?) before I can justify another wedge of cash to upgrade.

Entirely happy with optical performance but would like to eek out the optimum image performance with a prog scan input.

Thanks,
    Mr Sparkle