Hitachi PJ-TX200 / PC pixel cropping issue

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by spencer_uk, Mar 18, 2006.

1. spencer_uk

spencer_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Hi,

I have just hooked my PJ-TX200 up to my PC using an HDMI lead with a DVI adapter. On my ATI 9800 XT I have the PJ set up as a secondary display and my normal TFT screen as the primary display. The secondary screen is set to a resolution of 1280x720. It seems to be fine except for the fact that when I have a window maximised on the PJ the edges are cropped off (top, left, bottom and right). It is only by a few pixels but is still annoying. I have taken a look at the PJ menu display options (i.e. 4:3, 16:9, wide ...etc.) but none of them make a difference.

I am using the Catalyst 6.14 drivers. Anyone got any ideas?

I'd really like to get this fixed so I can use my PC as a DVD player. I also played the TOCA 3 demo on the PJ and it was absolutely stunning.

Thanks,
    Spencer.

2. upgradeitis

upgradeitis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi,

Could adjusting the "overscan" function in the OSD menu help you out at all. I think 10 is no overscan, and 0 is max overscan (10%). I'm a bit new to this, but just a thought...

Cheers,

Sean.

3. andy_dvd

andy_dvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think the overscan thing is right - and if it is, it should improve picture quality dramatically as they'll be no scaling (1:1 pixel mapping) - assuming you're feeding it 1280x720 from the PC.

4. spencer_uk

spencer_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    thanks guys. I will give it a shot.