• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

hitachi pj-tx200 arrived :-) screen required

jubblyray

Standard Member
hitachi pj-tx200 arrived :) screen required

please help require advice for a screen to do my pj justice room 14ft long planning on mounting pj on ceiling what size can i go upto screen wise without chicken wire effect being obvious :lease:

fallwood

I have the same size room and use a 7ft screen , any bigger and I think that sde would start to become visible.

Sat at 14ft from a 7ft screen seems to fill my field of view just nicely , I know some people have screens up to 8ft at the same distance but it just didnt look right for me.

fallwood

I had a 1.97m sapphire manual pulldown but it suffered from severe rippling, I now have a DRH 7ft pulldown and although it still has a few ripples its much better than the sapphire was. The best option is a fixed screen as you get a perfectly flat surface, unfortunately this isnt an option for me anymore as I now have a plasma where my fixed screen used to be.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom