Hitachi PJ-TX100 - Vertical Banding

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by smartn, Jul 9, 2004.

1. smartn

smartn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I've just taken delivery of this projector and my initial impressions are very favourable. Compared with my AE100 the picture is much brighter, better contrast and the projector is much quieter, however I do have to say that VB is very obvious to me with it. I notice in other threads I am not completely alone in this and am wondering if anyone has any tweaks, or has spoken to Hitachi about it.

I have used two different sources, a shuttle PC using a 9800 pro and DVI and also a Yamaha S540 with component outputting progressive PAL. The VB was slightly less obvious with the PC but still irritatating. Do any other owners have the same problem and if not should I ask Hitachi for a swap out?

Regards,

Nigel

2. Dunners1

Dunners1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I upgraded from Panny100 the picture on this kit is superb...............sure if you really look on white areas there is a little,but at what point do we stop worrying about Vb and actually watch the movie,putting this into perspective if you had seen what kit you have now and the picture quality etc 5 years ago or less would we be looking at vertical banding???? :laugh:

3. mathew

mathew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Have you run it for long enough?

for example with my AE500 I get noticeable VB for the first 30 minutes or so after power on, after that it's not noticeable at all unless you look for it really carefully in bright scenes. I am obviously not concentraing really hard on particular areas of the screen to see it when watching a film!

4. smartn

smartn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi Mathew, Funny you should say that. I have put a few more hours on it and I was convinced it was less noticeable, maybe I'm just getting morer used to watching the film again rather than concentrating on it and looking for problems that aren't really there!