1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PJ-TX100 price difference

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nelius, Jun 25, 2004.

1. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been scouting the net for prices in Germany for the new Hitachi projector. The cheapest I've found it is around 1770 euro. I've searched a few French websites and found it for around the 1550 euro mark. Then I searched some UK sites and I found it for around 1300 euro. What gives? This is in stark contrast to when the Panny AE500 came out first and a lot of people were importing from Germany because of the savings that could be made. Now the situation is the complete opposite. Why is this?

EDIT: D'h. UK price did not include VAT :blush:

2. xxalxx

xxalxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  3. sapgem

sapgem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is odd, similar thing seems to be happening with other markets (USA, Canada).

One thing I have been wondering is if the TX100 is an example of British design or not(!?). It seems to be a product of Hitachi Europe who have their digital media group based around London somewhere. A British(ish) PJ anyone?!