Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Hitachi pj-tx100 owners.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by terrymul37, Dec 13, 2004.

1. terrymul37

terrymul37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Hitachi pj-tx100 and I am delighted with it. I am using it for dvds connected by DVI to a Denon 1910 with a Sony STRB795 amplifier and Celestion AV305 speaker package.
    I find all the various settings confusing with, iris/contrast/brightness/ to name a few. Anybody who has this projector and can help with optimum settings, PLEASE HELP. :lease:

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,031
    Hi Terry

I use the TX100. The fairly standard settings are Iris 4, Whisper Mode, Cinema Mode.

If you use this as a base, and then fine tune the picture with brightness/contrast.

Its a starting point :)

3. terrymul37

terrymul37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks I will give it a go. I have some vertical lines on the screen but it may be because I am only 10feet away from a 6.8 foot wide screen.

4. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,031
    These can be adjusted in the service menu, but I suggest you get the picture looking right first, as the service menu is a scary place :rolleyes:

5. terrymul37

terrymul37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers will work at the picture, then get back to you when I visit the scary place. Good to know someone who can help.By the way just visited your Home Cinema Page, its awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. moco

moco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brightness and contrast (and color and tint) are best set with the aid of a calibration DVD (DVE or AVIA ).
    Iris settings depend on the size of your image because it affects the total amount of light emitted. Surprisingly, you would want a lower (darker) value in darker films because it enhances contrast in the darker range. It is a subjective control, as opposed to the ones I mentioned above that are more objective.

Post #11 in the following thread http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152774
    has calibration settings also for color temp. and gamma. Although these things maybe specific to a pj, I found that these improved the color in my pj too (was in factory before).