1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PJ-TX10 progressive/ noise questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by wixy, Mar 15, 2004.

1. wixy

wixy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    - Does anyone else here a noise like something is loose coming from the projector constantly?

- When running it in progressive, should I turn off progressive on the projector then turn it on again on the dvd player? When I run progressive on the dvd player (pal progressive sony dvpns730 player) it stretched the image and I lose some of the top and bottom off the screen. Why is this?

- About a quarter of the time that i start it up, the screen flashes green about 5-7 times, then it wont turn on. It will work the second time I turn it on. The manual says the lamp has not lit, and that i should check for blockage of the air passage apperture and if the air filter is dirty. The projector is brand new and only has 12 hours on it. Whats the deal with this?

Cheers.

2. chilly

chilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wixy

My PJ-TX10 is not noisy at all, this PJ is supposedly the quietset LCD of all and certainlly when compared agaisnt panasonic and sanyo units this is very apparent, touch wood I have had no start up issues at all, however I have spoken to Hitachi regarding there warranty policy as I have a very faint dust blob which I must confess is nearly impossible to spot at all times and I can say that Hitachi are complete ****holes to deal with, customer service is virtually non existent and if you do speak to someone then they will tell you to ring solid circle who are the appointed warranty repair centre for Hitachi PJs, solid circle are extremely obliging but if like me you do not relish the thought of your brand new PJ being collected by a courier then messed around with to be shipped back to you, you face a huge struggle, hope you get it sorted.

3. wixy

wixy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think I have a dust blob now too, how did you go with hitachi seeing that fixed?