1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PJ-TX 100 - best price?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mattsimis, Jul 13, 2004.

1. mattsimis

mattsimis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im going to go for the TX100, will have the finances arranged this Saturday :) . Just wondering where the best price is. So far, the NexNix price of £1044 (inc) looks pretty good!

Matt

2. Dunners1

Dunners1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought mine from Nexnix best price and service nxt day Delivery :thumbsup: ......great piece of kit!!

3. Neil Watson

Neil Watson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Price isn't everything as paying abit more for service always comes high on my list.
    Must admit though Nexnix (plus several other suppliers quoted on this forum) do seem to both :)

Having just ordered one of these projectors for delivery tomorrow - I'll let you know.

Suffice to say it might have been slightly more (<£20) moneywise but I know they are carrying out a complete pre-sales check (dead pixel, colouring, etc) on projector prior to shipment :thumbsup:

4. pgre

pgre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nexnix seem to have had the best price.. although.. it seems to have gone up by a few £. I got mine for about £1035 a few weeks ago including delivery.

However got it next day.. and its great.

5. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
    :smashin: for nexnix, next day delivery on my pj, all be it a z2, and prompt to answer phone, which is always a bouns with web companys

6. Beaming Keith

Beaming Keith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't posted on here before but have enjoyed and learned so much from the many excellent comments. I just had to post something!

As a completely satisfied (eye wideningly mind bogglingly amazing, surpassing expectations, ready to watch every DVD I ever saw again..good..This is my first projector of course.. WOW) TX100 owner, I deliberately didn't buy the cheapest tx100 on offer when I purchased. I bought one not far off the cheapest but from a dealer who always made time to provide excellent 'upto the moment' advice, has a nice telephone / e mail manner and ultimately goes that extra mile that really makes the difference and becomes priceless when things don't go according to plan! (As happened to me with my initial tx having a single blob on arrival and needed changing).

I guess I'm just mentioning the important obvious, when buying a big ticket super gadjet like a home cinema projector, especially from the net, pre -during and after sales support really should be part of the equation and I would suggest making at least one phone call and send an enquiring email to your potential supplier to get an idea of there speed/type of response and general vibe, in addition to price.

I bought my projector from Liam at Progressive A.V and am mighty glad I did. I can recomend him whole heartily and with top marks for service. I know he buzzes around this forum. I also checked out nex nix who were a wee bit cheaper and also friendly and helpful But Liam Prog AV was just sooo helpful and obviously passionate about these little beamers I just knew any future queries or probs would dealt with and was proved right.

The moral of this long post is 'the price you pay is not always the price you pay!' so said the little man sitting crossed legged on the hill with the nappy on his head .

Now I'm getting off the net and firing up the tx sitting back ready to be sucked into the awsome sight of my new nine foot super sharp, crystal clear colour rich window to another world.....

Sorry for the long post.....

7. mattsimis

mattsimis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So you like it then? :p

Matt

8. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27

That's the WOW factor, right enough :D .

Sean G.

9. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would also give Nexnix a thumbs up for service and advice. I have bought a number of items from them including an NEC HT1000, never had any items to return so cant really comment on aftersales, but I understand that they are above average on this count, which I can belive as they have always been very obliging on the occasions when I had questions and went for demos.

Are you the same Matt Simis from Boards?

Regards

Vex.

10. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes he is :thumbsup:

11. mattsimis

mattsimis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Damn, I thought removing the space in my name would allow me slip undetected through the international web of moderators! :rolleyes:

Matt

12. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I spoke to Lucy at Nexnix last week about possible demo and she was really helpful. Hope to see TX-100 at some point in next few months.

Also top marks to Liam@progressiveAV for knowledge and helpfulness. :smashin:

13. Neil Watson

Neil Watson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Suffice to say that I bought mine from progressiveAV and yep it was Liam who I dealt with. Left a message on their answerphone and got phoned back within the hour.

They checked it out for me prior to shipping and from the brief setup (Some blackout material stretched over a 7ft wide frame resting up against the tv) I did it looks the business :thumbs:

Need to get a proper setup now for the HTPC, Xbox and (unfortunately) Composite only sky transmission via wireless transmitter. Expect some further postings for advice in cabling soon :)

14. AndyGo

AndyGo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just another post in praise of NexNix. I had some problems with screen & the guys bent over backwards to sort it, I ended up going back in 3 times & we set up most of their stock of screens until I was satisfied with one.
    Top Marks.

I also dealt with AV-sales, great service & advice & also got a panny W6 problem (usual early model power board diode prob) sorted in record time !!

You only know how good a dealer is when things go wrong & these guys definitely showed their qualities in my eyes. Great work guys.

Cheers,
    Andy