Hitachi PJ-LC9 - Opinions

Kalos Geros

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I just stumbled across a recent Hitachi entry model, the PJ-LC9. It boasts 1300 ANSI with 500:1 (not too high) contrast and 3 LCD panel, but lacking DVI (it has component via D-Sub) which is not a big deal...is this baby worth it, since it comes at a price somewhat lower than a Benq PF5210 but higher than a Toshiba DLP ET1 which are my other options...

Thx for any opinions and cheers...

OK, I'm letting everyone know that I have decided to go for this PJ (Hitachi PJ-LC9) over the Toshiba ET1 on the pure hunch that since it is a brand new model, the screendoor should be more discreet and the brightness should be higher than the Toshiba for the equivalent of GBP550...and so I was right...I brought it home yesterday evening and the first thing I noticed was the brightness and much less visible screendoor than on the Tosh...I am sorry for the Tosh because I really fancied this PJ, but hard sense took over...the Hitachi takes interlaced RGB via it's VGA input (tested with my mom's DVD player, an Amstrad that does lousy prog scan - just leaves out the whole field but outputs interlaced RGB via its component output) so I think I don't have to rush deciding on a prog player yet, I just need to get an RGB SCART to 3 cinch adapter (I hope someone makes those)...on the deinterlacing issue, the PJ has Pixelworks chipset with motion compensation that does the job splendidly, the interlaced sources are rock-steady...I'll fiddle with the settings to check out whether it handles 3:2 pull down correctly...I'm satisfied except for the remote which is not backlighted, can you believe that...will keep you guys posted...

Cheers!

I don't have the X-Box 360 but as long as you get the component cable for it I believe there should be no problems except for Microsoft's rushed release of this console with reported bugs concerning HD output, but it affects all PJs...the component-DSUB converter cable is included...the variety of resolutions/refreshes from my PC are dealt with no problem by this PJ...

Reign-Mack said:
native res seems a little low think it would have been better to invest in a tx

Yes, it's an entry, budget PJ, I had to get something "basic" to get me started in the PJ bussiness (to familiarize myself with the matter) until proper HD comes around, so it is good enough for me currently, but a TX100 is twice the price, TX200 even more...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom