1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PJ LC5 - URGENT ADVICE NEEDED.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kane D Williams, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hello

It's been while since I was here. I stopped reading these forums when my Z2 became obsolete 2 months after buying it and the Z3 was available for less!

Anyway, my mate is thinking of getting his 1st projector (I remember by 1st time with glee) and is thinking of getting the PJ LC5 for £600 including a free screen (apparently worth £300). This seems like a good deal money wise from what I can find online, but is the PJ any good?

He wants some advice by tomorrow, as I guess this is a limited time deal??

Anyway, any opinions about this PJ would be appreciated, or any suggestions for alternatives (£700 max). Remember, this is his 1st projector and comes with a screen. I'm not sure he'd be into making his own BTW?

Thanks

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Judging by a quick look at the projectorpoint site, this may be an end of line model, which has been superceded by the CP-S210.
    http://www.projectorpoint.co.uk/Hitachi_PJ-LC5.htm
    300:1 contrast ratio is rather low. I'd also hazard a guess that it's aimed more at office/presentation uses than home theatre (though you don't say what the prime use will be). Not saying it will be a bad PJ, just that for £600 it doesn't strike me as a particular bargain, though a £300 screen thrown-in does seem tempting. It's the PJ which will make the most contribution to the picture though. In that price range people seem to like the Epson TW10H, which has better contrast and is native widescreen AR...PJ

:oops: just noticed it does say dedicated home cinema so ignore that comment! :blush: