Hitachi PD9700 or Samsung Q97

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by wgg, Apr 18, 2007.

1. wgg

wgg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have shortlisted the two plasmas above. Any pros and cons as to what is the best choice?

Thanks

2. jer08

jer08
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Hitach 9700 has been around for a long time, the Q97 is the latest model from Samsung, vey rarely does an old model outperform a new model even when they're from different manufatures.

Or you can wait for the new Hitachi 9800 which is already on sale in parts of Asia.

3. camorra

camorra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The 9800 is the asian version of the 9700, tus the 9800 will never arrive here :cool:

Next 42" from Hitachi I guess would be under the new "T" series range, and will be 1920 x 1080 Alis panel I guess :thumbsup:

Cheers :hiya:

4. Dublinjohn

Dublinjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    If possible wait for the new Hitachi. If you need a tv now then the 42pd9700 is still a brilliant set.

John

5. CHFels

CHFels

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I read an article on the forthcoming Hitachis in an Italian AV magazine yesterday. Seems they are doing something a bit like Panasonic - a new generation of nearly-identical models, but adding a range of Full HD models starting at 42", that will be sky-high in price. If the article was correct, the T models will *not* be full HD, there was a different letter for that lineup (sorry, I forget the letter!). And the article said the T models will have the known 1024x1080 Alis panel, and 2 hdmi's. :(

CHFels

6. wgg

wgg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have gone ahead and bought the PD9700 from JL and it is arriving today:clap: Just waiting to see if they will do the price match I submitted:smashin:

Will have a play over the weekend and will hopefully be delighted! Was a really tight decision over the newer Samsung.