Hitachi pd9700 HDMI noise

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Crusader3, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Crusader3

Crusader3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

This is my first post so forgive if I'm a little vague.
    I purchased this Hitachi model 3 months ago and noticed that on the HDMI 1 i nput screen noise suddenly appeared. This looks like green flecks (pixels I assume) visibly noticable against black. This happens only when sending a signal and not when for example, the HDMI channel is selected but no signal being sent. In this case I have a perfect black screen the no signal detected message of course is the only interuption.
    I got around this problem by switching to the 2nd input for a while but now this problem has manifested itself on this one too!
    This has the irrating outcome of diluting the level of black and I need to know whether anyone else has experienced this and indeed if I need to replace the set?

Thanks

2. MonkeySting

MonkeySting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I would suggest that either you have your brightness level set too high or whatever source you're watching isn't outputting black, but something above black.

Let's see your picture settings and take it from there.

3. Crusader3

Crusader3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have used 2 alternate sources i.e, Upscaler and PS3 both have the same problem.
    This has only started to happen whereas it has been working fine before.
    Do you think that maybe changing the HDMI cable will help (although it cost me a friggin fortune)

Settings on the set are not really high, contrast around 20 and brightness around 4-5.

I have turned off all picture enhancing bits and pieces for now so that I can baseline and knowing everything's peachy for now.

Hitachi have suggested that there's a problem with the inputs who knows, by the way if you or anyone has an optimum setting for the pd7900 please let me know, of course I know it's relativly subjective but there should be a common setting to use before tweaking!

Liam

4. MonkeySting

MonkeySting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Brightness sounds high to me - brightness:0 is usually best.

Changing cable won't make any difference.

There is a dedicated 9700 thread around here somewhere with lots of settings to try out - worth a look.

5. Crusader3

Crusader3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    INDEED!!

You are correct, it dissapears around +1 although that is rather dark mind you however this is where I shall stay with the lights out!

L:thumbsup: