1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PD7500 wall mounting

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by paulkelly111, Sep 10, 2005.

1. paulkelly111

paulkelly111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just recently purchased a PD 7500 and looking to hang it on the wall. My concern is that this model has freeview built in which basically means it's got a box on the back which juts out by approx 35mm. Has anyone out there tried to hang one of thes on the wall and it so a) did the freeview box cause any issues and b) which bracket did you use?

I have found an official Hitachi bracket (model Hitachi PWT002) which web retailers claim will fit the 7500, but as it's the same one that fits the non-freeview 7200 I was a bit dubious. I rang Hitachi and the people there didn't have a clue, and told me this after market stuff is made by an outside company on their behalf and referred me back to an authorised retailer!

Just looking for some reassurance before I part with £100 or so for a bracket
    :suicide:

2. morganog

morganog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got my brack for my panny pv500 from RS100 for £100.
    tell them what plasma u got and they will supply the correct extension rails for the back of the set!!

www.rs100.co.uk

3. paulkelly111

paulkelly111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll give them another try. When I got the plasma about a month back, the guy I spoke to hadn't had alook at oneso he wasn't sure their universal bracket would fit. I am a bit hesitant to chance my arm as I'd then be facing delivery and return charges which would make it an expensive bracket!