Hitachi PD7200 wont turn on

philco

Established Member
Reaction score
HI All,

My plasma wont turn on, ie push the button on tv which normally turns it on & the little red light doesnt come on, IS IT TIME FOR A NEW ONE OR CAN IT BE REPARED?

Thanks everyone.:mad:

It could be an extremely easy fix that you can do yourself. There is a large thread on here if you look. Ill give you the link later as im on my phone and its awkward atm.

Right, sorry for the delay, but here it is;

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/381648-hitachi-42pd7200-died.html

Now, it's a long thread, but what it boils down to, is that it's an extremely common fault that often costs £150-200 to get repaired.
But the good news is 9.5 times out of 10, it boils down to 2 components that cost about a quid and maybe an hour to fix as long as you know how to use a soldering iron.
You'll need to read the thread properly, but all the info is definitely there, including pics etc :smashin:

Now it's not a promise that you'll fix it that easily, as other components do fail too sometimes, but you have an extremely good chance.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! thanks so much Badger, and everyone on av forums, fixed,working,back on the wall, just the 10w/10r component replaced. Sadly it cost me £7.93, i had to buy a soldering iron.

I purchased my tv in 2005 so it sounds like ive been quite lucky, serial number VE5C003920

Cheers, Philco

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom