Hitachi PD7200 owners - clip-on speakers?

whymca

Established Member
Reaction score
This is one for all you PD7200 Hitachi owners, it seems there are a few satisfied customers out there!

I'm in the market for a 42" plasma but had reluctantly had to cross the 7200 off the list due to the fact that the panel will be placed in a bay window which is only 1130mm wide and, on measuring the panel in the store it comes out at over 1200mm.

I've just noticed however, an HCC reviewer makes reference to the speakers being 'clip-on'.

Can any of you 7200 owners let me know if the speakers are in fact removable? And if so will they still be functional (i.e could they be mounted/placed elswhere and still work OK? I'm assuming they're not wireless so they must connect to the main panel somehow).

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

don't know if they can be placed anywhere mate, but the speakers are definately bolt on......but i've not even bothered to unpack mine:eek:

regards: tickahtnac

tickahtnac - Hi mate. thanks for the quick reply. :smashin:

It's good to know they're bolt-on, maybe I should follow your example and invest in an external sound system. I could put the speakers wherever I like then! :thumbsup:

If the sound quality is anything like the 6600 then you'll not be missing much anyway.

You need a home cinema system to get the most of it really!

I have the 7500 - basically the same as 7200 with freeview. The speakers are detachable and connect to the TV via short pieces of supplied speaker cable. So you can use the TV with the speakers attached or detached.

Alternatively you can attach your own speakers as long as the spec is correct for the TV output.

The sound quality is quite good from the speakers - better than I have had on any previous TV.

You can download the user manual from Hitachis website for further info.

whistler - thanks mate, I've had a look at the manual and it seems, as you say, that the speaker cables fit into a spring-clip socket on the rear.

If I decide not to go for the full surround (I'm moving into a new flat) I should at least be able to find a nice compact pair of speakers to replace them. :D

Cheers.

I had a PD7200 a couple of days back! The speakers are detachable. It came with bolt on speakers using the mounts supplied. I have not attached yet.
But there are "Hooky type" slots, that attach speakers to the TV very easily. Thy come with their own wire, which are about 10" long and easy to connect..

It's 105cm across without the speakers, Whymca, so get ordering before they are out of stock! I suspect the 7200 and 7500 will be looked back on as classics of their time.
The stand is 35cm deep, but I would imagine that would fit into the curve or your window......

I have attached mine as I prefer the look but do not use them, have had a quck listen to them when setting up and they are far better than the ones built into the 6600!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom