Hitachi PD7200 or Pioneer 436XDE please help me decide!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Henk13, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Henk13

Henk13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, great forum.
    I am planning to buy one of these two plasmas.
    The Pioneer is more expensive, but I am willing to pay the differnce if it is worthy.
    I have a Toplfield 3000 digital receiver, but I also receive the national channels via an areal (analog). I want to connect my PC to it, I understand that both are equiped with DVI input, and HDMI of course.
    Which one of those two models is better in low quality signal like an areal (analogic) ?

Thanks.

2. g852

g852

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    normally I'd say Pio, but read up on the retention/screen burn issues. They seem to suffer a lot, even the later builds/firmware versions/post 200hr run in. For me, that kind of money with those problems it's be a nope. Your choice though. read up and see what you think.

3. OllyH

OllyH
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I went for the Hitachi 7200 it is fantastic IMO!

I did like the Pio but the price difference made me go for the Hitachi and I've never regretted it.

4. Juddy

Juddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm. I faced the same dilemma, but went for the Pio as I couldn't live with myself for the next 5-10 years knowing I could have bought the best plasma screen in this sector (at present) with best picture and didn't. Freeview via Pio (built in) is probably the best around, and even running sub £100 HDMI DVD players through it look fantastic! Running the screen in , and haven't had screen burn. Good luck with your choice. it's a tough one!

5. usman24

usman24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    also worth thinking about the new panasonic range. I personally woudn't go with hitachi from personal experience. pioneer is also a good choice if picture quality is important to you over style etc.

6. dtriggs

dtriggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking at the same choice and also found it hard to go with the Hitachi, however tempting the cost is, as it would bug me I didnt get the best at the time. But now the Panasonic 42THPX60 is my favorite. Has all the boxes ticked including 2 HDMI inputs and Freeview, but at much less money.