• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hitachi PD7200 Image/Smearing Problem?

Monksta

Standard Member
Hi guys, I've had Hitachi 42" PD7200 for just over 7 days and I've been very happy with it.

Yesterday, while playing on my xbox360, I noticed Yellowey/light brown smears from quick moving images while playing Call of Duty 2. It was most noticeable from the sides of buildings against sky.

This got me a little worried, I'm almost 100% sure it didn't do this before. I'm running through component cable at 720p. I've also tried it through a VGA cable and it does the same. I've noticed it in other games now where I am sure it was not before this.

I then noticed that the blacks had what looked like faint pixels bobbing up and down, kind of like interference. It was all over the screen. I checked sky and it has the same, it's ok when theres a picture but when the screen is black, it's quite obvious.

Does this sound faulty? Can you recommend anything to try to sort this out? I'm quite a newb to all this and I hope I've explained the problems correctly.

I'm quite gutted because I was very happy with it until I noticed this, now I can't help but look at it.

S

silvers

Monksta said:
Hi guys, I've had Hitachi 42" PD7200 for just over 7 days and I've been very happy with it.

Yesterday, while playing on my xbox360, I noticed Yellowey/light brown smears from quick moving images while playing Call of Duty 2. It was most noticeable from the sides of buildings against sky.

This got me a little worried, I'm almost 100% sure it didn't do this before. I'm running through component cable at 720p. I've also tried it through a VGA cable and it does the same. I've noticed it in other games now where I am sure it was not before this.

I then noticed that the blacks had what looked like faint pixels bobbing up and down, kind of like interference. It was all over the screen. I checked sky and it has the same, it's ok when theres a picture but when the screen is black, it's quite obvious.

Does this sound faulty? Can you recommend anything to try to sort this out? I'm quite a newb to all this and I hope I've explained the problems correctly.

I'm quite gutted because I was very happy with it until I noticed this, now I can't help but look at it.

Hi mate, have not seen this on my PD7500 which is now about 2 months old. You could try a screen wash (from the Function Menu) to see if that helps but I think that is primarily designed to remove mild screen burn.
You could also try using the noise reduction filters and see if this clears up the speckles. It does sound like you have a fault to be honest, if in doubt contact Hitachi and see what they say on this.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I've certainly not experienced anything like that and I've tried lots of silly settings.
It could well be a fault, so refer it back to the dealer.

Monksta

Standard Member
I'll get onto Hitachi technical support and see what they say, I wanted to be 100% sure that I hadn't done something stupid with the settings before I phoned them :D

I'll certainly be exchanging this one for the same model, great telly :thumbsup:

Has anyone had problems with the VGA port on this t.v.? I can plug a cable into it but the screws either side will not match up so I can't secure it.

Also just noticed that if i choose an input with no cable plugged in, I don't get the interference on the 'No Sync. Signal' screen. When I change to an AV channel with something plugged in, I get the interference. Odd!

S

silvers

Monksta said:
UPDATE - contacted Richersounds and they think it's faulty so I'm getting a replacement. :thumbsup:

Richersounds are really good:smashin: Glad you are getting it sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom