1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PD7200 - Football and Cricket

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Toppa, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Toppa

Toppa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my TV this week and showing it off to my mates over the weekend watching football and cricket. I'm over the moon with it on DVD's but am less impressed when watching sport when it's on the 'dynamic' setting - the green of the grass is a bit over powering

Any advice

2. fatboygrim

fatboygrim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  3. Pat Marcus

Pat Marcus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Good to hear you can watch footie and cricket successfully. If a plasma can do that, it can do pretty much anything. I have to admit that Im not very happy with the performance of mine on sport via freeview.

4. Majid Khan

Majid Khan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the pic quality like when watching football or cricket on the Hitachi 7200? has anyone experienced any motion blur / jittering ?

I was quite close to buying the Sony 42M1 earlier this week, the pic quality looked reasonable but the moment there was panning on the screen, the jittering effect really put me off... along with that, I also noticed a greenish outline around people on screen during movement - i'm not sure what this effect is called, is it solarisation?

Anyhow, its made me have a re-think whether I should go for a plasma... I watch a lot of sports and the last thing I want is to get a tv which distracts me from the programming and makes me more focused on the quality (or lack of it) of the pic - maybe I'd be better off going for an old fashioned CRT television for the meanwhile.. I'm still in two minds.. want a big screen, but want one that does what it says on the tin.

The Sony 42MRX1 is about the best that i have seen but its out my price range..

5. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Never noticed blur or jitter on my 7200, but then I don't have expert eyes.
    Maybe you could copy some cricket or soccer and play it at the plasma store of your choice???