1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PD7200 Cabling & wall mounting

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by BabyNSX, Jul 23, 2005.

1. BabyNSX

BabyNSX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

After months of deliberating and research, I've bought my 42PD7200. I plan to wall mount it and chase the cables into the wall above my fireplace.

I was considering the PD5300 so I only had to chase 1 cable + power but it was too limiting in terms of connectivity, as I want to connect EVERYTHING to my screen.

So far, I have this list of cables to go in the wall -

AV1 - SCART -> SCART - for Sky+
    AV2 - Composite + Phono -> SCART - for DSP/Pre-Amp (inputs Playstaion, Xbox, any other additions)
    AV3 - SCART -> SCART - for VCR
    AV4 - Component + Phono -> Component + Phono - for DVD player
    AV5 - Comp + SVHS + Phono -> Comp + SVHS + Phono - for camcorder/misc use
    AV6 - HDMI -> HDMI - for whenever I get a HDMI piece of kit
    RGB1 - DVI + 3.5mm audio -> DVI + 3.5mm audio - for Media Centre PC
    RGB2 - VGA + 3.5mm -> VGA + 3.5mm - for laptop
    Aerial - Co-Ax cable for analogue TV tuner
    AC Power cable
    Speaker cable - for centre speaker above TV

This is a huge list I know, but once they are in the wall, theres no adding any more. I cannot mess this up so have I missed anything?

The wall mount is the RS100 slimline. I bought the tilting version but am not happy with the tilting mechanism so I'm thinking of mounting it flat to the wall. The bottom of the screen will be about 5ft high, do you think I can get away without tilting?

Finally, like most people I'm a bit nervous about wall mounting £2500 of 40kg kit. I'm using 7 x 10mm anchor bolts into a brick chimney breast. I noticed the brickwork in the chimney is a bit soft though - my deWalt sailed through it like it was butter. What do you think?

Any help appreciated. Will post pics when installed! :smashin:

2. clarky78

clarky78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Just buy an amp and run everything through that! That way future connections just need to go to that. Much easier, way i'm doing it.

I think 7 anchor bolts will be very sufficient in brickwall. Even if it is soft.

3. BabyNSX

BabyNSX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, I have an pre-amp/dsp unit which i will use for additional inputs. however most amps cannot switch between types of input - ie if the amp is connected to your tv by SVHS, it will not switch a composite feed to the tv.

plus the amp will not have enough inputs for all my kit - dvi, vga, hdmi etc !

4. neilios

neilios
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,619
    I used brown plugs and 2inch 10 screws for my wall mounting ,just be careful drilling into the chimney breast ,dont go into the flue part of the chimney or you could end up poisoning yourself . :nono: