1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PD7200 and pastel skin tones, doing my nut!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by clarky78, Sep 14, 2005.

1. clarky78

clarky78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Recently i have noticed more and more skin tones looking like a painting and suffering 'solarisation' or whatever. Its quite frankly doing my nut. My question is, is this to do with poor MPEG compression? I see it mostly on my cheap freewveiw box than DVD though it shows on some dvd's but not always. Would i benefit from a more expensive freeview box? or would i be better with a scaler or something?
    I'm totally lost as to whether a scaler will even work with my screen as i hear the screen upscales anyway, and it is a progreassive scan screen anyway and blah blah blah.
    It is bugging me enough i'm considering selling the tv!!! I also suffer greenish tints to skin in low lit scenes, but i understand this to be problamatic for many sets.

Please someone show me the light at the end of the tunnel, don't tell me i sold a car to buy a tv i'm gonna hate living with! I can't see anyone do anything but praise this tv that owns it.

2. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Settings are critical, mate and make massive differences in PQ.

Get a DVE/AVIA disc to set the picture up.
    Turn ALL auto settings off (IMO).
    Remember, the settings need to be changed for every input.

Some channels are poor, but good quality feeds should be good.

I assume you're running a decent Scart through RGB???
    I don't think I've heard of anyone running a scaler on the 7200, so can't comment.

Maybe it is your freeview :confused:

3. stanleyntl

stanleyntl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I've had people look like they've got bad or patchy sunburn on a pd7500.
    Must be the pants broadcasts on SKY - most channels look okay, even off-air analogue.
    I would have thought it better to get a dearer Freeview box though - if you're paying under £50 for a box - they won't be using quality components inside, for sure!
    However, even a Panny Freeview box was worse than my own off-air analogue signal. (All washed out and poor resolution.) :mad: