1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PD5300

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bonzo500, Jun 29, 2004.

1. bonzo500

bonzo500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Im new to the forum; im thinking of getting a hitachi PD5300, has anyone got anything to say about this and do you know where i can pricematch with JL?? They are currently going for £3300... Im in the Swindon area and i was told by someone at JL that the shop ill need to pricematch must be local, if so, do u know any retailer around the Reading-Swindon-Bristol axis that stock this cheaper than JL????
    Cheers

2. Toothy

Toothy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. bonzo500

bonzo500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, do you of anywhere cheaper??? they said they dont pricematch online shops...

4. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Bought mine here www.flatdeal.co.uk excellent costomer service & you buy interest free for one year. Cost £2799.00 inc delivery. Even got free portable dvd player sold it on ebay for £180.00, so actually cost me £2619.00. :smoke:

5. bonzo500

bonzo500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, what do u think? is it worth the price - im confused btw going for the hitachi or Panny pw6b

6. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've spoken to certain suppliers & they have rated the hitachi better that certain 6 grand sonys. Anyways its your preference.

7. jpd2

jpd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very pleased with my 5300, excellent picture even on analoge signal.

I live in Bristol and got JL to pricematch on a company in Bradford called Electro Saver 0800 6987 654, they don't seem to be on the net but advertise on a full page spread in What Video & Wide screen TV.

It was not all plain sailing as this company and PRC quoted different prices on my orginal call, but when JL called were slightly dearer. But I am pleased with this deal including the 5 year warranty and Hitachi free portable DVD player. JL price £3295 down to £2699, the cheapest I have been able to find was PRC direct at £2589, but this was only via the net (£50 + del dearer in store) with 1 year warranty.

8. bonzo500

bonzo500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks jpd, just got back from Jl and got my 5300!! pricematched it to Crampton and moore at £2699.
    I cant wait for them to deliver on fri then the real work starts!!!
    Thanks all

9. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Just got my 5300 today! Extremely pleased with it. Got it pricematched by JL with Electrasaver thanks to Jpd2's tip some time back. Paid £2638. (Electrasaver quoted £2599 plus £39 delivery). My only complaint is that the AV box seems to be not quite as up to date as the screen itself (was the box with the 3000). Also, I have no form to fill in for my freebie portable DVD. Where do I get that from?

10. bonzo500

bonzo500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can download the form from JL website and take it back to the store for them to stamp. you will also need the serial no as well...
    mine is being delivered on fri, cant wait!

11. ReHaBWales

ReHaBWales
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have a link or a number for Electrasaver?

12. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Jpd2 has written the number just above (2 posts above my last one). Rang JL today & they are mailing me a stamped form. Saves me trekking over there again.

13. sid2004

sid2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you guys know if JL will deliver to Leicester, as they dont have a store here in this city.

14. smurch1

smurch1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone recieved there FREE Portable DVD player yet????. I bought my 5300, again from JL bristol, 11 June. Posted claim form 14th June..........nothing heard. BTW.well happy with it. DVD/PS2 on progressive scan is superb. Slight posterisation on close up skin tones from sky but overall really chuffed.