1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi Pd5200 Is The Best Plasma Ever. Fact.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by scoooby, Aug 17, 2004.

1. scoooby

scoooby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    OK, going to stick my cock on the block now.. I think the title speaks for itself.

Great value, under £2500 for a HD (Ok, so it's not native) plamsa.

Great Picture; (HD material is fantastic- those who shudder at the very mention of the term Alis should just take a look at the picture when playing 720p/1080i material. It's absoloutly bloody marvelous and with no noticable difference between it, and it's rivals.)

Depending on what you feed it/how you tweek it, you can get the picture to knock spots off Pannys and Pioneers. And I realy mean that!

Oh, and it's by far the best looking set out there.

All in all, the best plasma on the market yet.

FACT

2. AngryofMayfair

AngryofMayfair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe....
    I own one and am considering selling it and moving to a Pioneer
    Try living with one for a month before making such bold statements.

It's a damn good set and damn good value but I wouldn't rate it the best ever. Perhaps the next generation with 10 bit processing instead of 8 bit might make a difference...

3. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Scooby,

You knew you were starting a war - right!

I saw the Hitachis at Cedia in Birmingham, all hooked up to Euro 1080 HD and was surprised that they looked as good as they did. I don't normally like ALIS panels but these ones looked awesome.

Equally there were Fujitsus, Panny's, Pio's all showing HD material. They all looked stunning.

The problem in the past has been how the panels respond to SD material. The Hitachis take major tweaking, with the right gear, to get them looking good (and there have been serious doubts about reliability).

Piers

Home Cinema Engineering
    www.homecinemaengineering.com

4. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The only thing missing from the Hitachis is the earplugs you need to avoid insanity from the buzzing........ :D

5. AngryofMayfair

AngryofMayfair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't agree - my Hitachi is totally silent, I have checked this very closely after reading about the buzzing problems here - in a silent room my Hitachi makes NO noise.
    In fact it's perfect in every way (input configs incl DVI etc, looks and PQ in general) except for it's lousy 8 bit image processing that just can't keep up with the action.

6. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I figured this was a tongue in cheek thread so I'd go with it :)

I had three and they all buzzed. Just personal experience....

7. AngryofMayfair

AngryofMayfair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry - perhaps my sense of humour has left for the day
    Yes now I see the joke - my apologies... :)

8. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    No probs. I was gutted, actually. The picture from good sources was terrific. Everything about it suited me, just couldn't live with it!

Noel.

9. MrDigit

MrDigit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your happy with a Ford, then im sure you will be happy with a Hitachi, but if you not...

10. cornflakes

cornflakes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have purchased a 5200e cost £1950 delivered.Was gonna glve plasma a miss.But this was to sexy to let slip...buzzing not a peep from mine ??
    I had a toshiba 36"picture screen prior to this,and didn't think the pic on a plaz could compete.this baby can,by the way my brother had the same tosh,and his suffered from bluring on the edges,he was always complaining that mine was a better pic. hehe. he's going for a 5200 as well and is well impressed. sky is sharp as a pin through it,and recordings to dvd recorder play fine. its worth buying decent gear to hook em up though. only gripe £95.00 for the poxy optional :thumbsup: speaker stands. corny.

11. jtenniswood

jtenniswood
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agree, no buzzing, try using a media center pc on 1080i throught he dvi, it'll blow you away!

Scooby's a brave man, but he's no fool, the hitachi's represent the best value/quality out there at the moment.

12. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    All plasmas buzz. But only very slightly. The reason why a plasma is not recommended above about 6000 feet is because the buzzing does get intolerable at that altitude. My Hitachi plasma buzzes very slightly, but it's no noisier than the 28" WS that it replaced.

13. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am really happy with mine, and get absolutely no buzzing and I sit just under 2 metres away.
    It's a great deal for me and I'm looking forward to taking delivery of my Panasonic S97 dvd player which will hook up to HDMI - DVDI.
    No complaints - so far