Hitachi PD5200 and HDTV

richjthorpe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh !

My head is mashed from reading the topic on the 42PD5200 and DVi !

I'm looking for a Plasma that is 32" because 42" is going to be too big. The only one I can really find are the Hitachis and I thought that they didn't do High Definition TV but from this topic it seems I'm wrong !

Can anyone answer these questions for me.......

1. Will the PD5200 range display HDTV that is set to arrive in the future ? I've read that it does take D-VHS at 1080i and was stated at 1024x1024 native resolution (Home Cinema Choice September). Is this different from TV Broadcast ?

2. Newbie question here, there are 2 sets of HD signals, 720 and 1080 correct ? The DVi port doesn't like 720@50hz (That is if it's going on the 42" technology). Switching to 1080@50hz is fine though. Does this mean I need a DVD player with 1080 signal capabilities or is it just the DVD Disc that are needed ?

My head hurts !

Richie.

Read again. I think analogue is the best route. 1080i on digital overscans by 5.5% all round, meaning you are ditching about 15% or so of the picture. You've got a good idea what happens at 720p/50Hz, not good. Sounds like it's almost as bad as the Panasonic!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom