1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PD5100 - Native Rate anyone?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rloughran1, Aug 27, 2004.

1. rloughran1

rloughran1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes another unhappy hitachi plasma owner. I've now had the set since March and totally fed up with it.
    Connected through component to my Denon 770SD DVD player we've got em all - poor colour,noisy picture,solarisation and not forgetting the transformer buzz.
    Anyway, visited a friend last night who uses a PC as his source running TheatreTek and powerstrip. With his powerstrip string set to his plasma's native rate (Panasonic) the panels internal scaler is bypassed and the images are stunning. Restored my faith in plasma's.....just not my own.
    He's offered to bring his PC over and hook it up to the hitachi, but I've searched high n low and cant find the powerstrip string for the current Htiachi Platara range. Has anyone come accross it ?
    I'm hoping to do a comparision between the PC and the Denon DVD.....get the feeling the PC will win.

TIA

:lease:

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    I too have been trying to find the answer to this

As previously stated I am almost blown away by how good by DVD picture is on my 5200 and would hope that PC via DVI would be even better

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Sorry guys, this has been done to death repeatedly. No native res on Hitachi plasmas.