Hitachi Pd3000 turning on & off.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Machine Head, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit of a glitch seems to have occoured with my hit plasma. It's happened twice now, when I want to switch it on it doesn't come on, instead the tuner box keeps clicking and the led switches from red to orange to red to orange. At first I changed the batteries in the remote and this seemed to cure it for about a week but it's done it again. Changed the batteries again but no change. We never leave the plasma in standby, we always turn it off. Anybody else encountered this problem? Please telll me it's something minor. Not what you need just before Euro 2004 is it?

2. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it's done it again. I guess I'll have to send it back.

3. ged.knowles

ged.knowles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I have been suffering withn the same probel for some time now - grateful if you could advise if you got a resolution?

4. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    The problem turned out to be in the tuner box. I had to send it away for repair. I was told that it was a common problem and the people who fixed mine (can't remember now) said they had put a better part in it so it wouldn't happen again. And so far, touch wood, it hasn't. Hope this helps a bit.

5. MPH51

MPH51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the same problem with mine, currently off for repair. Trouble is that mine is over two years old so I'm waiting to see how much this will cost. Not very good spending all that money on a screen that should have a life span of 60,000 hours (according to Hitachi)....:mad: