1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi PD3000 Service Menu / Serial Numbers

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Rampage, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Rampage

Rampage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have just got a replacement 42PD3000 from JL, I'm not convinced that it's brand new. So, I would like to find out how to get into the Service Menu to see if it's been used before.
    I tried ringing Hitachi Service on 01628 643349, but they wouldn't tell me because I didn't have an account with them!

Also, I remember a while ago people were posting the Serial numbers of Plasma's that they'd sent back, can anyone remember where this thread is?

Thanks in advance.
    Chris

2. michael6

michael6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Chris

Which branch of JL did you purchase your Hitachi from.

If you suspect it is not brand new I would check it very carefully for signs of the grey clouding effect.

If I remember correctly if you look through the rear vent holes at the top left hand corner you can see a sticker with a date of manufacture I think mine was something like 2003 – 03 or visa versa.

I may still have the serial number for mine which I bought last September but was recently returned. If I can find the number I will post it tomorrow.

Michael

3. Rampage

Rampage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I bought it from the Cheadle branch.

There are no scratches or anything on it, just a small area of smeared grease on the screen.
    However on the DVI connector there are marks where something has obviously been connected to it a few times. Whether this is done by Hitachi quality control when it is made I don't know.

I noticed later that it only came with the mains lead for the media box and not the screen, also got instructions for the PD5000 screen?! Also, one of the plastic panels from the bottom of the screen on the stand is missing! Phoned JL about it, but they said that they only swapped the screen (which they didn't) and left my origional stand, the stand has still got the tape on it tho, so I don't see how they can say that! They also told me that I still had my origional media box, but it was wrapped up as new when I opened the box!

I've checked for the grey blob and for dead pixels. Can't see anything!

I'll look for the date of manufacture later.
    Hitachi service also told me that they can do a trace on serial numbers.

Thanks for your help :)
    Chris

4. michael6

michael6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Chris

The serial numbers from my Hitachi are as follows

Screen VE3H02121

Media Box N3H014797

As I said previously I received mine at the end of September last year so I suppose the value the serial numbers will be dependant on Hitachi following a logical sequence with their numbers.

If the screen has come direct from Hitachi I don’t see how there could be both a bit of the stand missing and no mains lead. As you know the screen is boxed with the stand ready attached as a package so I don’t quite know why they would replace only the screen, surely it should just have been a case of a straight swap.

To also have a manual for a later model makes it all sounds very odd.

Unfortunately I don’t think anyone on the forum has posted details on how to access the service menu to enable you to check the number of hours it has been used .

Hope you get it sorted.

Michael