Hitachi P50t01

dave-rsvr

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi,anbody know anything about the hitachi PT5001,are they any good,they are full hd and seem pretty good price.
new to all the hd stuff any advise is welcome.
thanks
dave

by the way...
I asked several weeks ago about this TV: how it is possible to display 1080p signal on ALiS panel (it has only 540 horizontal electrodes).
I hope the time for answer has come :)

Some info on ALIS panels here

http://www.plasmadepot.com/plasmatv/howplasmaworks.html

"Typical plasma panels have a strip of electrodes for each horizontal row of plasma cells, while ALiS panels share an electrode strip between two rows of cells. At any given instant only half the panel's pixels are turned on. "

So because there are two rows of cells per electrode, it doubles the 540 electrodes to 1080.

search this forum or click here ;)

I have just read pointed thread, but ...

I still have no answer to my question :confused:

PS. Waga-waga: you didn't understand my question, I know how ALiS works and how it is built.
I don't imagine: how it can display 1080p signal

the electrode pulse is double that of the input signal :cool:

though the difference is clear when feeding an alis panel an interlaced signal then a progressive one :eek:

hope this helps :hiya:

the electrode pulse is double that of the input signal :cool:

though the difference is clear when feeding an alis panel an interlaced signal then a progressive one :eek:

hope this helps :hiya:

not quite,
In my understanding an ALiS panel for displaying 1080p signal should activate every pixel in the same time (in opposite to ALiS operation theory).

How does it do it ? that is the question
Second question: why it is not possible in 9700 series ALiS panel ????
I suppouse the mystery is in the Picture Master version

I don't think it does display every pixel at a given time (540 at one point), because it's ALiS. I think it 'supports' or 'accepts' a 1080p signal, but displays it as 1080i.

Jon

I don't think it does display every pixel at a given time (540 at one point), because it's ALiS. I think it 'supports' or 'accepts' a 1080p signal, but displays it as 1080i.

Jon

I think so.
Just tell me, why 42PD9700 does not accept 1080p signal ?
Where is the clue ?

I think so.
Just tell me, why 42PD9700 does not accept 1080p signal ?
Where is the clue ?

Maybe at the time, there wasn't a standard in place.

Here are emails sent/received quite a while ago (May 2006) asking whether the 9700 could accept a 1080p source:

--------------------
To Hitachi Digital Media,
Thanks for your reply. I've looked through the brochure and it only states 1080 as an input signal - but does not include p (progressive) or i (interlaced). I understand the 9700 can natively display 1080i, but am still confused to whether this model will accept a 1080p source.

Thanks Again For Your Time.
--------------------

They replied:

--------------------
No, there is no official standard written for 1920x1080p by EICTA the HD Broadcast standards organisation. The only HD Standards that exist are 720p50/60 and 1080i50/60.

This years model the 42PD9700 will be 1024x1080.

Image differences in 1080i and 1080p, to the naked eye, would not be noticable.

1080p does not have more lines than 1080i. Simply put, 1080p displays all 1080 lines at the same instance where as 1080i takes the odd lines then the even lines and displays them to display the full 1080 lines.
--------------------

It doesn't really matter if the 9700 could/couldn't accept 1080p, as you can select a supported output format on the HD device.

Jon

The Picture Master chip doesn't interfere in any way with display processing, and the same happens in a 42PD8600/8700 (no picture master here) as in a 42PD9700 ;) Feeding a progressive signal gets a better picture, for both :D

A progressive signal does'nt mean that the picture is there as if you are looking at a painting In a progressive signal the data is sent a whole lot to the screen at a certain frequency, say 60hz :) In an interlaced system the picture is sent in two parts ;) In Alis first you have the even horiz axis illuminated and then the odd horiz axis illuminated at 120Hz (if i'm not mistaken) :eek:

Please don't start the Alis debate again, but you can try it yourself trying a DVD first with an Interlaced signal then with a progressiove one on a 9700 :smashin:

As regards 1080p with the 9700 and 8600/8700 Hitachi have omitted this input for their own reasons :cool: Next 42" panel will surely be a 1920 x 1080 Alis panel and accepting 1080P too....as, after all, the new P50T01, with a 1280 x 1080 Alis panel and accepting 1080P :clap:

Cheers :hiya:

The Picture Master chip doesn't interfere in any way with display processing, and the same happens in a 42PD8600/8700 (no picture master here) as in a 42PD9700 ;) Feeding a progressive signal gets a better picture, for both :D

just tell me how is it possible ???
It is "your own eyes" evaluation, I suppouse.
If we feed 1080i and 1080p signal to device which can display only interlaced picture, it won't be possible to see any difference.

A progressive signal does'nt mean that the picture is there as if you are looking at a painting

interesting sentence. I have to remember it.

In a progressive signal the data is sent a whole lot to the screen at a certain frequency, say 60hz :) In an interlaced system the picture is sent in two parts ;) In Alis first you have the even horiz axis illuminated and then the odd horiz axis illuminated at 120Hz (if i'm not mistaken) :eek:

I think, you have made mistake. number of frames is different (50/60 fps for 1080p, 25/30 for 1080i).
Frequency of half-pictures is 50/60 Hz in interlaced displaying.

Please don't start the Alis debate again, but you can try it yourself trying a DVD first with an Interlaced signal then with a progressiove one on a 9700 :smashin:

Why DVD ?
Does it produce 1080 signal ?

I still think, that 1080p in ALiS panel is cheating.

sorry for my English.

just tell me how is it possible ???
It is "your own eyes" evaluation, I suppouse.
If we feed 1080i and 1080p signal to device which can display only interlaced picture, it won't be possible to see any difference.

If it really does refresh at 120Hz then each 60th, you're getting 2 lines from a single original frame lit instead of 1 line from a field then 1 line of guesswork.

If it really does refresh at 120Hz then each 60th, you're getting 2 lines from a single original frame lit instead of 1 line from a field then 1 line of guesswork.

OK, but this is still INTERLACING.
Doesn't matter how fast will it be refreshed, 540 electrodes can lit only 540 horizontal pixels in the same time, no more.

...540 electrodes can lit only 540 horizontal pixels in the same time, no more.

Mathematically that's correct, but subjectively your eyes would see a sharp 1080 picture, not 2 x 540 images jumping up and down.

Jon

I believe that it doesn't refresh at 120 Hz; at least this was the case with the older Alis displays with 1024 lines (look here) and I don't belive that refresh method is changed for new models like P50T01 using 1080 lines. However, P50T01 is very promising display and I really wait first reviews. Also must hope that quality control is better in the new plant in Czech Republic than it was in Turkey.

Mathematically that's correct, but subjectively your eyes would see a sharp 1080 picture, not 2 x 540 images jumping up and down.

Jon

I know it.
This is why ALiS panel can display 1080i using only 540 electrodes.
But only 1080i, not progresive.
In progressive method panel display full frames with 25/30 Hz frequency.
How we can display full frame (lit all pixels) in ALiS panel ???
Problem is, that I cannot imagine myself, how it is possible.
If somebody knows, please share this knowledge with me (if you think not worth to write it here - send me private email)

cheers

Also must hope that quality control is better in the new plant in Czech Republic than it was in Turkey.

I checked many 9700 series devices, so I have never seen (in Poland) Made or Assembled in Turkey sticks.
All plasmas were made in Czech Republic.
I Poland version C and N is being sold.
Maybe U version is Made in Turkey ?

Panels were always made in Japan at the FHP plant, apart now from the Czech-made 50" I guess ;) Assembly only, of some models took place on Turkey :eek: Surely the 6600 was one of them :thumbsdow

All in all if you peep through the ventilation holes on any Hitachi model you can notice the panel factory information on the upper right side, looking from behind :D

does this help/hinderthe discussion?:)

Attachments

• Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 175
Panels were always made in Japan at the FHP plant, apart now from the Czech-made 50" I guess ;) Assembly only, of some models took place on Turkey :eek: Surely the 6600 was one of them :thumbsdow

All in all if you peep through the ventilation holes on any Hitachi model you can notice the panel factory information on the upper right side, looking from behind :D

having had a "peep" through the vent holes of my p50t01u set the label on the left hand side says "FUJITSU HITACHI PLASMA PANEL DISPLAY LIMITED" and "MADE IN JAPAN".
on the same label id is the serial number.
on the right hand side there is an electronic part which is etched "MADE IN JAPAN".
there are various other labels with barcodes etc but nowhere else is there any reference to Czech Republic, Turkey or another country to be found.
the outer box has no indication whatsoever of a country of origin or assembly.

if my memory serves me correctly the Hitachi website states that the Czech plant would be operating in the summer of 2007 so it is unlikely that the set was made/assembled there.

this is a Japanese made/assembled set.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom