Hitachi LCD-TV 37LD6600 - where can i find reviews

J

jhenriks

Does anybody know if the Hitachi LCD-TV 37LD6600 has been tested, and where I can find reviews? Or does anyone of you guys this tv and can tell me about it?

Kind regards
jhenriks

lot of confusion surrounding this screen. from what i know, none of the UK AV magazines have been offered this screen for review although a few have now requested it. not sure why as the 32LD7200 has been reviewed by most of them.

this made me a little nervous but i ended up buying the screen just after christmas after a demo with the Toshiba 37WLT58 and the SharpGA6E.

in my opinion there are better 37inch LCD screens out there, the Sharp GD1E was better but out of my league and the JVC DM6 looked good at the Stuff show but I couldn't find a unit to demo. But for the price nothing else beats the hitachi - it looked better than both the toshiba and sharp across freeview, DVD and a HD feed from Astra.

having had it up and running for a couple of weeks i'd say it looks OK on analogue TV (haven't got freeview up and running yet), good on PS2 and very good (but not excellent) on DVD.

one final thing. i've owned plasmas in the past and in my opinion even the best LCD screens still don't compare picture quality wise. I bought the hitachi because it was the largest screen i could fit into the alcove in my basement (it's got a small bezel and no speakers), if i'd not been restricted by size it would have been either the Panna 37PV500 or a 42inch plasma.

Actually the high-end LCD models of most companies blow away the plasma TVs on most accounts.The hitachi 6600 is a (very)stripped down 7200 and you can't judge LCDs by that model.

review Hitachi 37LD6600
http://www.testberichte.de/preisvergleich/level4_heimkino_33148.html

"...sensationell gute Reaktionszeiten sowie eine hervorragende Detaildarstellung. Um über HDMI und Komponente ein optimales Bild zu erhalten, muss der Kontrast am Zuspieler reduziert werden..."
Note: 1,5; "Referenzklasse"; Preis/Leistung: "sehr gut"; "Preistipp"

translation "... sensationally good response times as well as a outstanding detail representation. In order to receive an optimal picture over HDMI and component the contrast at the Zuspieler (?) must be reduced... " Note: 1,5; "reference class"; Price/performance: "very well"; "price-tip"

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom