Hitachi L42VP01U flashing screen

eggheed

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hitachi L42VP01U flashing screen
Hi
This is my first post on this site hope someone can help.
The problem is when watching the tv the screen starts to flash like dark waves over the entire screen this can last for ages or it can go away quite quickly,but more often now the screen just goes blank(black)just the picture goes off the sound is ok.This happens on all the inputs.
I have recently changed a inverter on my laptop for the same sort of problem,would this be the same for tv?
Can anyone give me some advice on the parts a may need.
Many thanks
Eggheed.

Please someone give me a clue on what to do
Thanks again
Eggheed.

Come on 69 replies for (wives and tv's) and none for a little tech question.
Whats going on ?:suicide:
p.s my wife told me not to buy hitachi.

Last edited:
Hi
have solved the problem of the flashing screen,
This model of tv has a cheap power supply board (vestal 17PW16-2) which i have replaced with new one(£42) and now the tv works fine.
This board is also in a number of other 42 " tv's such as goodmans,acoustic solutions, sanyo and causes other problems such as won't come out of stanby,no picture at start up,no picture after the tv has warmed up and no picture at all as some of the components blow the fuse on the board.
There is also a repair kit for this board which has a number of capacitors and transistors that need soldered to the board(just google the board number).
Hope this helps someone.
If you need any more info just reply.

Last edited:
hi, i have just started experiencing the same problem as u have described. where did you buy the replacement part from & is it easy to fit yourself? thanks.

Hi
yes the board is easy to fit just a few screws and push on connectors.
i will have to look to find where i got the board and will get back to you, in the mean time you could google the board number and you may find it on ebay.If its the same model as mine.
ps tv still working fine.

http://www.ohmsupplies.co.uk/new-Po...d to make sure you get the right one. Steve.

Last edited:
hi, thanks for the reply! ive googled the part you mentioned on the internet & am currently awaiting a reply from a parts company that are looking into it for me. i will also try ebay to see if it is cheaper when i know exactly what it is i am needing. regarding the fitting (i am useless when it comes to any kind of repairs!!!) will i need to take the entire back off the tv or is it just a particular area i need to work on? i have only noticed this flickering problem a couple of times. its working ok at the moment so will only attempt a reair if its gets really bad. thanks for your help.

darren

hi
yes the whole back of the tv comes off about 10 or 12 screws round the edges then just pop it off gently . i layed mine down on some towels to protect the screen.mine started like yours only flickering a couple of times then just got worse and worse.
if you got the part you could ask a local tv engineer for a price to fit but that woud be more cost.
the new power board looks like it has been improved with larger components
eg diodes and capacitors so there must have been some sort of fault on the originals.
let me know how you get on just take your time if you do attempt it.
good luck
steve.

hi again. i have not had chance yet to sort my tv out been very busy of late. i have some free time tho this weekend so im gonna have a go at taking the back off & finding the part number i neeed for myself. the company i emailed (partmaster) with the tv serial number was a waste of time. they came back with a part number but when i clicked the link it said the part didnt exist!! so im gonna have a look for it myself. just to make sure im looking for the right part where exactly is the power supply board situated? what is it i am looking for exactly? sorry to be a pain but i just want to make sure i find the right part as have absolutely no idea when it comes to the workings of a tv!! lol if you could be any help i would b very grateful thanks.

darren

hi
take the stand off then remove all the screws from around the edge then gently pop of the back may need a fine edged tool just to start it off,mine came off really easy.the power board is virtually right in the middle of the tv you can not miss it mine looked like this picture.all you have to do is remove all the plugged in cables off the old board and replace in sama socket on new board.a few screws hold the board to the tv.(don't forget to unplug tv first).justbe slow and careful and make sure all cables are pushed in all the way and tight.
attachment.php

The cables plug into those white/yellow sockets on the picture and the power cable plugs into the top right white socket.Make a note of each cable and where it goes or better still take a picture before you remove any cables.the part number is by the little red socket on the bottom right if not there on your board just have a good look it will be printed somewhere on there.Be careful with the screen as the tv is quite heavy lay it against a chair or something where the frame of the tv will take the weight.
good luck
steve.

Attachments

• P1130680.jpg
    P1130680.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 850
Last edited:
thats brilliant steve. really appreciate your help. i will have a go tomorrow to get the part number then i will order a new one. i will let you know how i get on. p.s. thanks for the picture as well. makes it much easier to follow. thanks again.

darren

had the back of the tv off today & the part i need is exactly the same as the one you replaced! ive had a look on ebay and there were 4 for sale but they are all of used conditon so im gonna give them a miss & buy a brand new one from the company u recommended. will let ya know how it goes after ive replaced it.

darren

just to let you knew steve i have just fitted the new part & it works perfectly. even the picture quality has improved so im well happy i havent had to fork out for a new tv. thanks again for all your help, made it much easier knowing what i needed to do i really appreciate it.

thanks darren.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom