Question Hitachi L26DP04U E sound out of sync and software updating queries

Foggy1970

Novice Member
Hi all, I have a Hitachi L26DP04U E LCD TV which is probably around 10 years old. For some time it has had an issue where the sound gradually drifts out of sync with the picture. Obviously it is well out of warranty, and Hitachi Customer Services suggested I did a power down and then a first installation retune, which I did. Initially this seemed to have helped, but then the issue crept back again.

If I try to do a software update, it takes ages, and then finds nothing, so I contacted a nearby TV place, who said that it sounded like it was software or firmware related, but as the TV was over 5 years old, such software updates were no longer available.

So, what can I do? Looking at the software version, it looks like the TV has never had any updates at all. There is a USB socket on the side of the TV, because it has a media player function, but someone told me that software updates for TVs of this age would probably have been uploaded to the TV via this USB connection.

Any thoughts on where I could go to get the TV updated (and if it is even possible), and will it cure the sound going out of sync with the picture?

See attached screenshots......

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-09-18-07-08[1].png
    Screenshot_2021-02-09-18-07-08[1].png
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2021-02-09-18-07-39[1].png
    Screenshot_2021-02-09-18-07-39[1].png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2021-02-09-18-07-29[1].png
    Screenshot_2021-02-09-18-07-29[1].png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26

Foggy1970

Novice Member
Forgot to add that when the sound is out of sync and I change channels, the channel I change to has no sound at all, and the message comes up on the screen saying "Service Is Not Running". I have to turn the TV off and on again to get the sound back!!!!!

chancooluk

Standard Member
Can you press the home or menu button to bring up the main menu, then press the numbers 4725

This should bring up the Service Menu. Can you take a screenshot of that menu? It will help to see if there are any software updates available for your set.

Foggy1970

Novice Member
Thanks Chancooluk, just did that and got this menu......does it help at all? :)

Attachments

• 20210210_201410.jpg
    20210210_201410.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 17

chancooluk

Standard Member
Thanks Chancooluk, just did that and got this menu......does it help at all? :)
Cheers. Maybe, I've asked on a Turkish forum that deals specifically with Vestel made TV's if they can support or provide newer software for your TV. I'll let you know when I get a response.

Foggy1970

Novice Member
Cheers. Maybe, I've asked on a Turkish forum that deals specifically with Vestel made TV's if they can support or provide newer software for your TV. I'll let you know when I get a response.
Thanks. What is Vestel then? An outsourced Hitachi manufacturer?

chancooluk

Standard Member
Thanks. What is Vestel then? An outsourced Hitachi manufacturer?
That's correct yes, Vestel have been the main manufacture of Hitachi branded TV's for years.

Unfortunately there are no updates or factory rescue software available for your model.

Foggy1970

Novice Member
Oh no - although it looks like this TV might be on the original software if it is V1...a..... Were there never any updates for this model?

Doe that mean then that this audio sync 'fault' cannot be fixed? And could it be an issue with the tuner, that might be resolved if I were to use a Freeview box and bypass the inbuilt tuner?

chancooluk

Standard Member
Oh no - although it looks like this TV might be on the original software if it is V1...a..... Were there never any updates for this model?

Doe that mean then that this audio sync 'fault' cannot be fixed? And could it be an issue with the tuner, that might be resolved if I were to use a Freeview box and bypass the inbuilt tuner?
Unfortunately yes. The only way you can test it is to try an external input device rather than the built in tuner. I assume that would fix the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom