1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HITACHI IDTV problem model no c32w40tn.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by blackadder, Apr 3, 2004.

1. blackadder

blackadder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    HITACHI IDTV problem model no c32w40tn.

Hi,don't know if i'm posting in correct forum,if not could a mod move it please.

I have a hitachi idtv, the problem is that the sound comes on then after about 6 seconds picture comes on just for a split second then flashes off then nothing till you turn it back on then same all over again.

Now i took insurance out with flying toolbox who arranged for an enginer to call,he took the back off did a bit of soldering but no joy,then he started tapping at some componants with the end off his screwdriver and said he would have to take it in for repair.

Now after 3 weeks the insurance company (flying toolbox) say it will cost to much to repair as the enginer says it needs a new picture tube and will cost "wait for it"
    900 chuffing pounds,this can't be right can it.
    Can somebody with knowledge of the cost of these parts please let me know as i could replace it for much less with a newer model.

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    As you may or may not be aware when service engineers state a tv needs a new tube its too possible reasons;

1. It does actually need a new tube.

2. They don't know how to fix it but by saying it needs a new tube its uneconomic for repair and therefore written off without too much hassle. Possibly they buggered up the service menu, lost the settings etc and the time to fix properly would be too long.

All I'm saying is the skills of engineers greatly varies.