• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hitachi HXT12U OR Finlux 42F8075-T

paulx222

Novice Member
OK, so I am a cheap skate!! But I really want a new telly for the world cup and my mum;s has broken so I want to give her our current one as she can't afford a new one!

I have seen both these advertised and the Hitachi is only £269 at the moment in Argos and the Finlux is £339. I really do not know which to buy, I like the look of the Finlux but I like the price of the Hitachi and I do not think I can discount the £70 difference in price.

I am not a TV expert but if the Finlux is noticeably better spec that the Hitachi then I have budgeted for that £400 and I would buy it. Any advice gladly received and if there is anything on the market much better than either of these 2 that are no more than £400 and at least 42 inch then I would love to hear about them. Many thanks and sorry for long post.

snappychappy

Novice Member
I know it is a bit above your budget but for another £19 you could get the Finlux 50" Smart (£419 at the moment on Finluxdirect.com). Great TV for the money - unbelievable that it's got Smart features as well at that price. I've got a Finlux TV and the quality is brilliant compared to my old Sharp and Samsung models.

vickster

Distinguished Member

paulx222

Novice Member
Hi, thanks for advice so far. The 50inch Finlux I think would be too big for our terraced house but I am seriously tempted by it. In terms of an EBay refurb it is not something I would do again as I got badly stung last time buying a Panasonic.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom