Hitachi HDR162 digital TV recorder - help

afam47

Standard Member
Have had my Hitachi HDR 126 for several years with absolutely no problems. Since digital switchover in Sept. of this year can no longer use it to watch or record BBC 1,2,3, or 4. These channels keep "jumping" freezing and losing sound. ITV channels are fine as are all other Freeview channels.
Anyone out there in the Abingdon/Didcot area experiencing same?
On advice of Hitachi have tried taking out aerial and doing first time installation but to no avail.
Should I just bite the bullet and get a replacement? or is there a solution?

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Do you have duplicate copies of BBC channels stored in the 800s? That area actually OK to watch?

If yes, most likely your device has found a weaker transmitter first (Sandy Heath or Hannington, perhaps) rather than Oxford?

A first time install with the aerial out to delete all stored channels and then a manual tune for the Oxford frequencies will fix it. Digital UK - Missing channels or wrong news service?

Fred Smith

afam47

Standard Member
Thanks to rodders 53 but am afraid your suggestion has not worked. I don't get any programmes on the 800's and when manually tuning it shows very good signal.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
There is, apparently, a known issue of post-DSO stuttering etc.,. with some Vestel-manufactured receivers - including yours. You need to find the menu item on your receiver that displays the software / firmware version number it is running. Then compare it to the list linked to -- v13.0 is a 'fix' but you'll need a computer with a serial port and cable to upgrade to it if needed, after downloading it from that site.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom