Hitachi HDB60

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by nheather, Oct 18, 2004.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,329
    Anyone know what this Freeview box is? It is sold by Argos but I cannot find any technical or review information about it anywhere - it is not even listed on the Hitachi website.

I was wondering whether it was another make that is badged by Hitachi.

Cheers,

Nigel

2. john9159

john9159
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I have just bought this box the other day and although it's a bit late to answer your query, it is a genuine Hitachi, available from lots of retailers on the internet. Unfortunately I am having difficulty installing the unit as I cannot even get the menu to come up. I am in discussion with Hitachi as to a solution. If, however, the solution is to start buying high gain aerials, signal boosters etc, is freeview really worth the hassle? Perhaps people should contact their MP or direct concerns to the Commons Select Committee for digital reception.

'Bye, John

3. sallyann

sallyann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also bought this box yesterday and cannot get the menu up. There is no information on Hitachi's web site about it. The instructions say that the box can output either RGB or Composite video signals. I am feeding into a unit which requires composite, and I am guessing that the unit needs to be switched to composite via the configuration menu. However its impossible to do this as it defaults to RGB and of course I can't see the menus. I have tried to do it 'blind' with the remote control, but no success with that either. I would be interested to see if Hitachi have an answer for this problem.

4. sallyann

sallyann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I 'fixed' my problem. I was using a scart / phono adaptor which was wired for input rather than output. A quick job with a soldering iron to move the wires to the output signals and bingo - everythings works ok now.

5. foneman

foneman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi - I am thinking about buying this from my local argos - the sagem reviews always complain about it 'searching for channels' all the time... :mad:

this is the only other cheap one - :( I cant afford any more ££££...

please can you tell me any quirks this has, etc?? :thumbsup: