1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi flashing colours/brightness problem??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Cag, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Cag

Cag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Has anybody had the problem when the colours seems to flash dark & light, mainly when watching Sky+ when the scenes change. Its the Hit 42PD3000. I've got JL coming out next week but want to know if anyone knows of the problem before they come out
    Any feedback would be appreciated

Cheers
    Cag

2. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have the black stretch turned on? If so try turning it off and see if the flashing persists. If you continue to have problems with your set I hope you have more luck with John Lewis and Hitachi than I did.

3. duke748

duke748

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I'm pretty sure thats black stretch as well. Did the same on mine before I turned it off.

If you do get engineer turn up. See if you can prise how to get into service mode out of him :)

4. Cag

Cag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Elvis
    What happemed with you & JL

Regards
    Cag

5. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's unrelated to your problem, but I haven't had any luck getting them to repair, replace or refund my faulty 42pd3000.

6. Cag

Cag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Whats the problem with yours then. Can ypu also tell me what the black stretch is for.....if you have to turn it off then why have it on the plasma??

Cheers
    Cag

7. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some of the image processing functions on the 42pd3000 serve to create more problems than they solve. Black Stretch seems to enhance picture contrast. If turning it off resolves your problem then I suggest that is the most straight forward remedy.

My problem is that during dark scenes viewed in low ambient light I can see a grey blob across the centre of the screen. Hitachi tell me this is a 'feature' of their technology, and as a result John Lewis refuse to replace or refund my screen.