1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi DVI connections

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pistonbroke, May 3, 2005.

1. pistonbroke

pistonbroke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently purchased a 42" Hitachi PD 5300 plasma screen (the one with the seperate connection box to hide wires)

The thing is, is that it only has 1 24 pin DVI connection, and the seperate av unit that all the components plug into uses it to connect to the panel. I am looking at buying another component (xbox 360) that uses this DVI connection. I want to be able to use the DVI capablity to connect it. Is there anyway of making 1 DVI input, 2. With some kind of splitter. The only things I seem to be able to find are splitters that split 1 source feed into many. I want to be able to get multiple source feeds into 1.

Alternatively, I would use component. But again, it only has 1 component input and my dvd player is using this. Is there a way of plugging in multiple component sources (without unplugging something everytime I want to change source), again with some sort of splitter.

Sorry if I haven't explained this very well, I'm relatively new to all this and a bit out of my league.

Regards.