1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitachi dv-p305 hack please anyone

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by GARETH1, Aug 27, 2001.

1. GARETH1

GARETH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone tell me if a hiachi dv-p305 is hackable if so how? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

2. cycomiko

cycomiko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gareth

I`ve been searching for an answer to that very question for a friend of mine. As far as I can tell, it depends on when you bought your machine. The website <a href="http://www.dvd-debate.net" target="_blank">www.dvd-debate.net</a> has some information regarding the use of Aiwa and One-for-All remote hacks. In the meantime you could try the following which I`m told works on some 305`s:<br />1. Turn off, unplug the player<br />2. Plug in the player and perform a "cold start" by pressing play and stop simultaneously<br />3. At the language screen, pick English<br />4. On the remote press the repeat key<br />5. then press 3, 8, 7, 6, 7 on the remote<br />6. at this point the code 02 should appear in the left hand corner of the screen (if it does not then this hack won`t work - something to do with the firmware of the player)<br />7. Press 9 for region free<br />8. the number on screen should change to 09, press Open on the DVD player<br />9. Press standby on the remote

The player should now work normally, but will play all region discs. The above procedure didn`t work on my mates machine which is about a year old - again due to the firmware. I`d be interested to hear how you get on.

The Thomson, Hitachi and Samsung models seem to share quite a few features. I own a Thomson 3300 and my sister a Samsung 511. The hack worked fine on both of them.

Best of luck.