Hitachi CP-X340 Pin Code. HELP!!!!

XdemonX456

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought 2 Hitachi CP-X340 projectors of ebay. Both working but dont have bulb modules. I bought them to do a bulb modification on them using Xenon 100w 12v Car bulbs because there cheap. £6 for 2 of them. I have taken both of the projectors apart, removed the HV PSU for the original bulbs and tricked the motherboard into thinking a bulb is present.

I dont have the Xenon bulbs yet so im using my super bright LED torch to get a picture. Both projectors work and i get a picture. But one of them is Pin Code protected and has labels all over it saying about Pin Security. It was from a school i know that much and i got from a Office cleaning guy of ebay. I dont have a remote so im stuck to the arrow keys and source button on the projector. But the projector is completly locked untill the password is entered. If its entered wrong it automatically goes back to standby and i have to reboot to try again. Its a 4 digit long Pin Code and the Up, Down, Left, Right and Source button are the different digits. But there may also be more on the controller which i dont have. So even if there is only 5 buttons there are over 3000 different combinations so chances of me guessing it are remote. Im going to call the school its from on monday to see if they have the passcode. If not i dont know what to do. Has anyone else had this issue? I have researched all over the internet and can't find out anything about it. I did see something about connecting the projector to a computer to reset password but i have tried but not sure what to do. Any ideas? Any help would be a massive help.

Thanks,

Calum.

Hello again,

Thanks to those who had alook. But i contacted the school and they told me the pin code. So now i have 2 fully functional projectors. Once the projectors are done ill post images of the modded bulbs.

Thanks,
Calum.

Hello Xdemon, could you explain the modification of the bulb?
Thanks a lot
Stefano

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom