1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi Cp-x275 Any Good?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Rob Oldridge, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Rob Oldridge

Rob Oldridge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has the following, but is it any good? Anyone any experience of it?

XGA Res
    Short throw lens
    Component input (3 phono)
    16:9 mode
    HT colour settings
    Whisper mode (34dB)
    Can be bought for £1800 or less with 2yr warranty

Appreciate any advice

Thanks

Rob

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the Cp-x225 (the SVGA version) and it's excellent, the 275 is that little bit better even. The image is excellent and the 275 has 1200 lumens, so it's pretty bright as well. One of the best entry level PJ's you can buy, for my money a better picture and PJ than the Panny, Sony or NEC's, the colour reproduction is just perfect, so yeah I'd recommend it:) The Hitachi's always score at or near the top in most reviews.

3. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a CP-X275W. I loved it (except for the stuck pixel) for the first couple of months but then things started bothering me.

Problems.

I have had problems with vertical banding, color uniformity errors, LCD-texture, a stuck pixel in the middle of the picture and flicker.

The flicker occurs only in whisper mode and whenever it's table-mounted, or when I run RGB (VGA from computer) when it's ceiling-mounted. Everything that can go wrong with the projector has. I believe the flicker is a firmware-bug as it only happens in certain modes of operation.

There's also another firmware-bug. The projector had a function which lets you move the 16:9-picture inside the boundaries of the 4:3-projection area where the black bars would be. When It's receiving progressive NTSC through component and the 16:9-picture is moved to the bottom of the picture there's a horisontal sort of tearing where everything under it goes slightly ahead of everything else. This isn't a problem for me though as I'm using an anamorphic lens.

I have sent it in for repair once but the incompetent repairmen couldn't see the dead pixel and didn't do anything about any of the problems. So I'm sending it in again when the dealer gets back to me. If they don't fix it this time I have the right to get a new one or my money back (Norwegian law).

This projector has really put me off LCD-technology, I wish I bought a DLP instead as I was never bothered by rainbows. I bought mine for ~£1400 here in Norway in March. The deal seemed so good I just had to buy it.

Plus-points.

The projector has some very nice features for home theater, like it takes progressive PAL and NTSC and supports several refresh-rates from a htpc without tearing. It has a very useful aspect-ratio control and an extensive service-menu where color-uniformity and vertical banding can be adjusted. The noise-level is OK, but I hear it in silent moments of movies. Colors are very good and the projector does shine in movies like Toy Story, A Bug's Life and Shrek. The internal de-interlacer isn't as good as the one in my Denon DVD-2800, but the internal scaler is great IMO. I use an anamorphic lens with it now and it does a great job of scaling the DVD-picture (720x480/576) to 1024x768 so my lens can compress it optically.

Tor Arne

4. Rob Oldridge

Rob Oldridge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help fellas.

Hmm, Hitachi or Panasonic AE100 or LT75? ....decisions decisions :confused:

Regards

Rob