1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi CP-L750w replacement bulbs? Where to get 'em?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Parris1972, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Parris1972

Parris1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

My Hitachi CP-L750w projector has now gone on the blink due to a dead bulb, can anyone recommend a reliable & cheap source in the UK for replacements. I have had a look on-line and almost choked at the prices quoted.

Does anyone know whether in actual fact any OTHER bulbs fit the unit perfectly? Again I tried looking on-line, yet got conflicting information. Perhaps someone out there has vital details they are bursting to share with a fellow CP-L750w user.

Until then, I am stuck watching my films on a conventional TV! This just ISN'T on!

Parris

2. JohnFarrar

JohnFarrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could try here . I was going to order a lamp for my Mitsubishi projector until I found one on Ebay. You lamp does not have the price on it but I am sure it will be cheaper than you can buy it for in the UK.
    HTH
    John

3. Parris1972

Parris1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Thanks for that. A shame no price quoted. I would really like to find somewhere that has a final price inc VAT. I don't want to import something I could potentially purchase in the UK if I can help it, however if that's the route I have to take...

Can anyone suggest a replacement bulb? Surely Hitachi are not the only manufacturers of the bulb. Is anyone a user of the same unit, with a bit of experience of changing the parts etc? What is the best price available in UK or abroad as I hunted high and low and really don't know what to do as the prices fluctuate a great deal, leading me to think a better price is out there waiting to be found (or mentioned).

Interested to hunt for really good price as as a father of 3 I would rather spend £300+ on other things!

Thanks!

4. JohnFarrar

JohnFarrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That Dutch company was easily the cheapest I found anywhere after weeks of searching the web. Why don't you drop them an email and get a quote?
    You could keep searching Ebay as I did and it eventually paid off. Search Worldwide as well as the UK.
    Good luck
    John