1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi Combi

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by homer_rules, Dec 16, 2003.

1. homer_rules

homer_rules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found an HitachiDVPF3EUK DVD/VCR combi for £129.99 at Argos and was thinking if it is a good deal for the spec.

Thanks.

2. onefivenine

onefivenine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +647
    I went to Argos on Sunday to get that Hitachi model with a friend after a DVD/VCR combi to connect to their stereo amp.

The small print said "may be substituted for a similar model" and sure enough it was, and ended up being a Samsung (SV-DVD55 I think).

The Samsung proved to be better connectivity-wise for her situation (with no AV amp) as it gives stereo out on phono plugs for all audio, whereas the Hitachi only offered it on the DVD output, VCR audio out via scart/RF only.

I set it up on her 28" w/s Panasonic (P4 or something4?) with a THX optimiser and I thought it was a pretty decent picture... especially comared to her analog Telewest :rolleyes:

Can't comment on the digital output DD/DTS etc I'm afraid, but thought I'd warn you that you may not end up with the hitachi!