1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi CL42PD3000 questions...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Lino, May 10, 2003.

1. Lino

Lino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hiya,

A couple of quick questions about the tv I'm SO close to buying (If Empire drop their prices anymore I'll wet myself!!), firstly, and simply, can someone tell me how wide the set is in INCHES, I've looked on the website and for some weird reason adding the stand to the TV adds like 20cms??

Secondly, my cat is possessed by Satan, only this morning I wake up to find him sitting on top of my good old Sony CRT set staring at me.. Now obviously, I don't want him going anywhere NEAR my new set, but how sturdy is the stand? Strong enough to deal with a determined moggy swiping at it?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Lino

Wembley

Sky+
    Pioneer DCS-303
    PS2
    X-Box (uk)
    Too many wires

2. kenny.c

kenny.c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Do you mean width or depth??

The screen is 9cm thick, but the stand is 30cm deep, so yes the stand does add depth just so its stable!

If you mean width-

The 42pd3000 is 40.5" wide without speakers and 48.5" with.

As for the stand its very well made and swivels about 45 degrees, the sceen comes with the stand attached so you dont have to mess around fitting it, but I still would not lke any wild life camping out on it! LOL

3. Lino

Lino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for that info, thats put that me thinking, the TV stand I was going to put it on is 45" across, hmm, do I want the speakers overhanging, point of fact, do I want the speakers at ALL as all my sound goes routed through the DCS-303 in lovely 5.1..
    Heres a picture of the TV stand its going on (Since taking the picture I've actually put a printer on the left hand side which is almost flush with the side of the stand, but with a little help I'm sure I can move it!)
    http://www.linopolis.com/P1190478.JPG
    Guess I've got till July to think about it, worst case scenario I could downsize to the 32"..