1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi CL32PD2100 32" Plasma TV

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GTH, Oct 11, 2002.

1. GTH

GTH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good day Gentlemen

By reading through the threads, I am confident I have found the right place.

My daughter is convinced we need a Plasma TV and after searching the Web, I have found the Hitachi CL32PD2100 on sale at PowerHouse for £2,500 (much less than I anticipated).

I don't understand any of the 'technical jargon' but would appreciate any feedback from those that have any first hand knowledge of this product.

The forum seems to talk a lot about other manufacturers (Tosh/Pann) equipment and I wondered if I should be looking at their alternatives.

Awaiting your invaluable advice.
    Regards
    Graham

2. steelej

steelej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Graham,

I don;t know if you could accomodate the size but the new Panasonic 37" (TH-37Pw5) will be available soon for around the same £2500 mark, it's probably worth checking it out, I have the 42" and it's fantastic.

John.

3. GTH

GTH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply 'steelej'

I have plenty of space on the wall, although it's a reasonably small room. I was concerned that a too bigger screen would swamp the room.

I have been down to Currys and they have the Hitachi CL32PD2100 set up and it looks OK (but what do I know?), although I was concerned about the additional MultiMedia 'box'.

They also had a Samsung 42" alongside and I must admit the additional screensize is appealing.

Does the Panasonic 37" (TH-37Pw5) have an additional 'box' or is it integrated?

Does it matter? If I already have an NTL, DVD and VCR 'box', does another 'box' make any difference. What I'm trying to say is, Should I be concerned whether or not the 'tuner' is integrated?

My initial thoughts are to hang the plasma on the wall and have all the additional boxes in a cupboard out of the way.

Any further info on the Panasonic would be appreciated and should I consider the 42" (Is it that much more expensive?).

Regards
    Graham
    (My Daughter has also seen the 42" and is now convinced we have to have one of those)

4. toonarmy

toonarmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    When I was purchasing my plasma a couple of months ago I thought about buying the Panny 37" after seeking advice on these forums and speaking to Joe at the media factory I decided to plump for the 42" Panny.

I would seriously think about purchasing the 42" as it doesn't take up that much more space and as the 4 series are being replaced their are some good deals going at the moment.

Regards
    Toonarmy

5. steelej

steelej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Graham,

The tuner wasn;t something I required as I have Sky for TV, and the only other thing I have connected is a DVD player, so they both go directly into the plasma.

The panasonic doesn't have the tuner integrated it's a separate box and as I said it wasn't an issue for me the fact that it wasn't included. If size isn't a problem I would definately look at the 42", I just paid £3600 for the 42" Panasonic so that'll give you an idea of what you might want to budget, but I do know Richer sounds are doing the Toshiba 42"(Which is a panasonic really) for £3000. So you've got a few options, do a couple of searches on this forum, a few of us have just finished the process of investigating the plasma purchase and this forum was a huge help for me. :)

If you need any more info just let us know

John.