1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi Camcorder & Editing

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by redbrian, Oct 31, 2005.

1. redbrian

redbrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an Hitachi digital camcorder which recorders on 8cm. DVD-R discs. These discs won't play in the DVD player attached to my TV. How can I convert these these discs to 12 cm. discs to play in the DVD player. I already have a DVD burner attached to my PC.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The discs should play in most stand alone DVD players but you may have to 'finalise' them in your camcorder first, - have you tried playing them on your PC - you will need some software which simulates a DVD player on your PC - you may have 'Power DVD' which is supplied free on some PCs.

You can also import it to your computer in different ways and edit it, one programme you could use is Ulead VideoStudio you can get a free one month trial from here :-
    http://www.ulead.co.uk/vs/trial.htm

you just put the DVD in your PC DVD tray and use 'import DVD' in the programme to transfer your video for editing and burning to a full size DVD - but again you may have to 'finalise' the DVD in your camcorder for it to work.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Another thing to mention is that not all DVD players will play some or all recordable discs. What is your player? I normally check what a player can or can't read on This site.

Mark.

4. redbrian

redbrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The disks play Ok on my PC. Thanks for the advice - I'll give these a go.