1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi c28wf560N picture problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by thfcmad, Sep 22, 2004.

1. thfcmad

thfcmad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi, i have just bought the above 28" widescreen TV. I have sky+ connected to it via scart (RGB).

Now i have searched through the forum and found some things regarding the picture contrast on hitachi TVs.

Basically when the picture changes from a dark scene to a light scene or vice-versa the contrast sems to automatically adjust and get darker or lighter to counteract the change in brigtness. This is really annoying as it does it over a period of 5 secs or so.

I have seen something on here about turning off the black stretch?? But this suggestion always seems to be regarding plasmas and so i cant find this setting to turn it off.

Does anyone have any ideas. Hitachi are coming to replace the TV on Saturday but im not sure there is actually anything wrong with it. They wont send anyone out they are just swapping it.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I had an Hitachi 32" crt (pureflat) screen tv 2yrs ago - this did have 'black stretch' function. So, it's not specificaly for plasmas.

3. thfcmad

thfcmad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    so where do i find the black stretch function coz its not in the normal menus. Is there some sort of engineers menu where it might be???

4. thfcmad

thfcmad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    ok, well Argos have changed it over for another one and it has exactly the same problem. ANyone have any ideas before i request my money back??