1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi C28wf530n

Discussion in 'TVs' started by simbloke, Nov 23, 2001.

1. simbloke

simbloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone here got/seen a C28WF530N? Is it any good? It looks good on paper, has 3 SCART sockets (2 RGB!) and can be found for about £500.

Also, apart from the Dolby digital decoder, is there any difference between the C28WF530N
    and the C28WF535N?

Sim

2. dougbryson

dougbryson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sim,

I've had a C28WF530 for a couple of months now and would heartily recommend it. It's a great looking set and the 2 RGB scarts come in very handy for making pictures look great too. DVD's are gorgeous - the blacks are really black and colours are sharp and vivid. My Nokia ITV Digital box gives me an excellent picture through the second RGB scart too.
    The setup options are very good - lots of picture tweaks and sound options. Sound is pretty good - not mind blowing but perfectly adequate. There are EQ controls but you'll never get a really thumping bass from this set.
    Picture geometry was pretty much spot on - I looked at various THX setup grids on the Star Wars Episode I DVD and couldn't really fault it. (There are no menu options to fiddle with the geometry, although you can if you access the service menu apparently.)
    Overall - a great value TV with a superb picture for the price. (Jeez, I sound like a reviewer !?!?!)
    Let me know if you have any specific queries about it and I'll see if I can help.

Doug.

3. RobCr

RobCr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Doug,
    Posted a reply to one of your other threads.
    Do you know where I can get the Service Menu codes ?
    I have the C28WF535N, and wish to adjust the Horizontal Left Right and Width.
    I might even get brave and shrink the height slightly to ensure that nothing is being chopped off.

Regards,
    Rob (Australia)

PS I have found a manual with the Service Menu Codes.
    If anyone wishes a copy, post your email address here.
    (I even bravely realigned my picture)

Last edited: May 1, 2009