1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi C24W430-311 Problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by I'm With Stupid, Aug 10, 2005.

1. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Hitachi 24" TV for just over 3 years now, but didn't buy an extended warranty. Recently it's started going to standby and back on again without warning, and also refusing to come out of standby on occassion.

Looking back through the posts, this seem to be a common problem with TV's nowadays, and someone mentioned a dry joint in the power supply. I don't know what that is, but I really don't fancy paying someone to have a look at it, and was wondering if it would be something that my stepdad (an electrician, but not a TV engineer) would be able to fix. Is there a website which might be able to instruct him how to fix the problem, or perhaps someone on here?

Another problem with the TV is that it gets a green or blue tint to any area of the screen which is white for too long (Blue on the left, green on the right). Annoying because I watch Sky Sports News a lot. Hitachi's website blames magnetic interference, and I was wondering hat could be causing this. I have a VCR, DVD player, set-top box and games console connected.

Any help appreciated, especially if it can save me money.