Hitachi AXM-140

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by welshaudio, Mar 8, 2006.

1. welshaudio

welshaudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:

Please could anyone assist me.

I have recently purchased a Hitcachi AXM-140, the systems works well and I'm impressed with its features. But, when I connect the system to my Television (a Phillips model), to take advantage of the DVD player, I get a lot of low level noise coming throught the speakers.

Is this a problem with the Television, and its settings, or a compatibility issue between the System and the TV.

I have e-mailed Hitachi (europe) who inform me they don't know anything about this product as it is an import and have no information on it - I have had a familiar response from the supplier, Dixons.

Anyone can assist?

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    You may well get more replies from the right area of the forums,and I'll move it there for you.

Does the noise occur only when the TV is connected?,and is it in the form of hiss,or something more intelligible like low level speech/music?
    It may be worth experimenting with different sources to see if it happens there also,and if not,trying to isolate the cause of the noise,which may be interference from either leads lying close to one another,or something more complex and difficult to narrow down.

Have you also tried emailing Hitachi.co.jp,or Hitachi.com,as there is no direct mention of this product on any of the product on any of their sites....is it a recently discontinued model being imported?

This may also be of some use...at least in how Dixons have gone about the importing.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282336&highlight=hitachi

3. welshaudio

welshaudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

The model was purchased from Dixons.

The noise is only when connected to the TV, otherwise the sound quality is very good. The noise is low level which reverberates quite strongly throughout the house.